So, I've already been in Nepal for about a week. It has been a mix of craziness and beauty. I couldn't sleep much on the flight from Istanbul, but was amazed to see sunrise over the Himalayan Range. I've heard they are mostly covered by clouds, so our flight was really lucky. Unfortunately, I couldn't tell if we could see Everest or not, but it was an amazing view checking out Annapurna.
The cab ride from the airport was also an experience. I mean, it was my first time in a developing country. Were we even driving on roads? Are there any laws here? It seems like they just make it up and expect other cars and motorbikes to get out of the way. And I didn't realize other countries outside Ireland and the UK drive on the left side of the road. Oh, yea, and way too much pollution. My lungs hate it. Maybe I'll pick up and start wearing a face mask.
My first impression make me realize how different of a culture it is and how there is a lot to experience!
The cab ride from the airport was also an experience. I mean, it was my first time in a developing country. Were we even driving on roads? Are there any laws here? It seems like they just make it up and expect other cars and motorbikes to get out of the way. And I didn't realize other countries outside Ireland and the UK drive on the left side of the road. Oh, yea, and way too much pollution. My lungs hate it. Maybe I'll pick up and start wearing a face mask.
My first impression make me realize how different of a culture it is and how there is a lot to experience!
![]() |
![]() |


No comments:
Post a Comment