Ok, am I feeling a bit lazy today? You betcha I am! This time I'm going to provide a short version and if I feel motivated enough as I write, then the longer version will come out.
Short version:
Last weekend we went hiking to ChampeDevi, the southwest hill bordering Kathmandu Valley. About 2500 meters up, perfectly clear weather and...we saw it!
Long version:
Went with my friend Sandra early in the morning and walked 20 minutes to cross the Bhagmati River. From there we took a local bus down the highway another 20 minutes and 20 Rps. It was Bandh, so there shouldn't have been any cars and the pollution in the city was down, which meant visibility was a lot clearer than most times. We started hiking and could watch the city get smaller and smaller. We could even see the Everest! Nice, I completed my mission in Nepal :D We hiked more, got lost, and eventually made it to the top. We met a bunch of Nepali locals who were also hiking and chatted with them, they had some nice cameras, I wish I borrowed their lens just for one zoomed picture of Everest. We chilled out and had lunch while enjoying the view and our half-day trip turned out to be much longer since we didn't want to leave. We eventually walked back into town and had to take a tuktuk and bus to get back to our neighborhood.
Here's a bunch of pictures.
Short version:
Last weekend we went hiking to ChampeDevi, the southwest hill bordering Kathmandu Valley. About 2500 meters up, perfectly clear weather and...we saw it!
Long version:
Went with my friend Sandra early in the morning and walked 20 minutes to cross the Bhagmati River. From there we took a local bus down the highway another 20 minutes and 20 Rps. It was Bandh, so there shouldn't have been any cars and the pollution in the city was down, which meant visibility was a lot clearer than most times. We started hiking and could watch the city get smaller and smaller. We could even see the Everest! Nice, I completed my mission in Nepal :D We hiked more, got lost, and eventually made it to the top. We met a bunch of Nepali locals who were also hiking and chatted with them, they had some nice cameras, I wish I borrowed their lens just for one zoomed picture of Everest. We chilled out and had lunch while enjoying the view and our half-day trip turned out to be much longer since we didn't want to leave. We eventually walked back into town and had to take a tuktuk and bus to get back to our neighborhood.
Here's a bunch of pictures.


















































No comments:
Post a Comment